Wednesday, May 11, 2011

More of the Black Shouldered Kite
















A cold and wet day interrupted by flashes of sunshine and blue sky. It was during one of those interuptions that I headed off to Cranbourne Botanic to get some more photos of the Black Shouldered Kite family that had taken up residence.

They were visible in a far away paddock but thunder and hail forced me to retreat to my car and take shelter. After the deluge had passed, I returned to the same spot but this time I was quite fortunate: the sky was blue, the sun shining, and the birds were roosting in a tree nearby.

I was able to take some photos in perfect conditions before the sky again changed whereby both the birds and I called it a day and headed for shelter oncemore.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment