Friday, August 17, 2012

WTP Werribee

An incredibly windy day at the Western Treatment Plant and most of the birds were in hiding. The highlight of the day was a Wedge Tailed Eagle which alighted from a paddock alongside Austins Rd and then flew over me suspended by the wind.

Unfortunately I unknowingly knocked the camera settings and the photos didn't come out as good as I would have liked. A Little Egret allowed me to get close and a family of Black Swans was obliging.

White Fronted Chats are everywhere as are White Necked Herons.

 
 
 
 
 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Some great shots but really love the wedgetail. Super exposure and details.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Russell, I was very happy to see the eagle fly over me and I managed to get about 60 shots before it floated away on the wind.

      Delete