Wednesday, November 14, 2012

King Parrots come in for a visit

 
 
Posted by Picasa

It's not every day that I get a visit from King Parrots, and this was a very personal visit. I awoke to the sounds of a King Parrot outside and I was able to grab a few photos of the male (top), but I could hear sounds coming from inside the house.

There was a strange sound coming from my fireplace but nothing was visible. Not so long ago a possum had become trapped in the flue and I released it by dismantling the front of the heater and leaving all the doors open. The sound was definitely not a possum and sounded a lot like the King Parrot that was out the front. So I dismantled the fireplace once again and left the house for the day. When I got home, the kitchen was in a mess and this female King Parrot was perched upon a bottle of Johnny Walker gold label reserve (classy bird). Apologies for the quality of the photo.

4 comments:

  1. That bird looks as pissed as a parrot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it took the cork off a bottle, lucky it didn't touch the whiskey or it would be the parrot from monty python

      Delete
  2. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing story and a king parrot of all things! 'reckon I'd head for the Johnnie Walker after being stuck in a "chimney" too!

    Reminds me I have to remove a mynah carcass from our Coonara ...oops! Sorry mister introduced species! Them's the breaks!

    ReplyDelete