Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Shorebirds at Stockyard Point

I ventured to Stockyard Point on the eastern side of Westernport Bay yesterday afternoon hoping to see some shorebirds and while I didn't observe a great deal of variety, I was compensated by great numbers of Curlew Sandpipers and Red Necked Stints. Also present were many Gull Billed Terns and Whiskered Terns.

 
 


A Brown Falcon made a brief appearance and the ensuing chaos could not be captured by my telephoto lens. Note to self: always take a wide angle lens in the kit.
 


Some Red Necked Avocets dropped by late in the day.


A non breeding Little Tern rests alongside some Curlew Sandpipers.


Pied Oystercatchers are always present.


Three different Terns: Caspian, Whiskered and Gull Billed.
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Great photos and great records Wayne. Thanks for sharing. I'm hoping to drop in there this weekend depending on tides / weather.
    Peter

    ReplyDelete